Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Shelsea's Super Saturday (Late SSS Post)

Hello lovelies,

AHHHHH! My SSS post is late, but it’s late with love. 

I finally listened to this idiot who told me that I should giving writing a shot. He believed in me when no one would, and believed in my writing when I chose not to. That idiot changed the way I thought without even knowing. 

WE ALL NEED FRIENDS, EVEN IN OUR DARKEST MOMENTS OF LIFE. YOU NEED A FRIEND, NOT SYMPATHY, PITY, OR EXCUSES. BUT AN ACTUAL FRIEND, WHO'LL LISTEN WHEN NO ONE WILL. Who's not an intruder, but a someone. A person whom you haven't spoken to in months, but is easy to catch up with no explanations needed. Who puts up with your shenanigans that most people would push away. Friends like this are a rare find. They exist. They live on without you, but you'll never forget what they taught you. Hold onto them and never let them go. Never. 

This is just a blob that I wrote, when I felt inspired three weeks ago:

The only problem that you faced as a child was debating which color crayon to use next. No one gave you a hand-out on what to expect in life. The schools that you’ve gone to would never prepare you for the big bad horrors of life. No Youtube videos or how-to tutorials would teach you how to properly handle life. Instead the world watched you fail over and over again.

Your shaded past made you the person you are today. This was one of the many side effects of life.

You’ve watched the media deliberate about the warfare that swept across the nation. However, the real warfare they never warned you about, that’d screw you over either way, are the thoughts that wonder through your mind.

The one truth you’ve held onto deeply, was feeling every emotion intensely.

You were never asked if you wanted to grow up, instead you were simply forced to grow up. You, unprepared for the battle that you had yet to face.

You thought with reality, depth, and emotion. As many would say, “You are an old soul trapped in someone else’s body.”

You refused to accept the tainted nightmares of life, and life refused to accept you.


You were different and that was all you ever could be.


Thank you, Cynthia for correcting my little blob. *blows kiss*  I have a burning idea for a novel. The current state of my “novel-in-progress” is in bullet points and scribbles. 

Here's a mini review of A Diamond in the Rough by Elisa Marie Hopkins:  




Synopsis <<<< LINK

My review:

A Diamond in the Rough (ADITR) is a beautifully written debut novel with an unexpected twist.  Not only was the book moving, but it also made you think about what we’re capable of as people. What really threw me off was the ending!


In the book you’ll meet model Sophie Cavall; she’s bold and daring. Sophie’s character progressed and developed as the story continued. We tend to forget that models are human too. They have feelings, struggles, flaws, and insecurities. Although, they may not show it, they too feel every emotion intensely. Eliza did an amazing job with captivating the life of a model. She kept the readers on edge with every turn of the next page. My stomach flipped and flopped as I read Sophie’s relationship with Oliver. Oliver Black drives me insane! Watch out Sophie I’mma steal yo man! 


No comments:

Post a Comment